Position: One mile north-east of Moulton
Map Ref: TF 313/247
Access: Down Spalding Gate, off the north side of the A151. The stone is situated at the edge of a ﬁeld.
The inscription reads: “Erected in Anglo-Saxon times to indicate the Meeting of the Hundred of Elloe Courts. Presented to the Moulton Parish Council by F. Dring Esq. (Landowner) and mounted here by public subscription on June 22nd, 1911, the day of the Coronation of George V”.
It is believed that the Wapentake of Elloe was the largest in the county. Whether folk meetings were held on this site is uncertain. Life had to be adjusted to changing circumstances e.g. ﬂoodwaters. Part of this area was ﬂooded by high tides, drowning hundreds of sheep in December, 1765.