Andrew Bowell has been on his travels and has photographed The Church of St Luke the Evangelist, Holbeach Hurn, Lincolnshire
The foundation stone of St Luke’s Church was laid on 8th August 1869 by Sarah Rebecca, wife of Joseph Hurton Parker of Hurn Hall. The Church was consecrated on 23rd November 1869, the Chancel and Burial Ground were consecrated on 1st March 1871. It was built on land gifted by The Revered A Brooks and cost £697, this was collected by Landowners and residents in the area, a population then of 526
The building was designed by Mr Evan Christian a London architect.
The roof of the Nave was the old wooden roof from the chancel of Holbeach Church and was purchased for £70. The Church bell was cast by Taylor of Loughborough for £23.Click on picture to enlarge